I am always intrigued by couples in long-term committed relationships. I wonder what has been the key to their success. The one thing that touches my heart is, elderly couples holding hands or cuddling. It shows their commitment to loving each other.
Over the years, I came up with the following list of things that have been the key for my husband and me.
1. Truly listen to what is being said, before formulating your response.
2. Like your partner. You must like your partner to love them.
3. Hold hands. The power of touch is amazing.
4. Laugh. My husband and I love to laugh. We spend time creating our own comedy hour.
5. Be a cheerleader or the biggest supporter of your partner.
7. Allow your partner to have their time. It’s important to have time for yourself too.
8. Treats! Pick up one of his/her favorite treats as a surprise. It will bring an instant smile.
9. Compliment him/her. Remember to say thank you.
10. Make time for your partner.
Disclaimer: This is based on my personal opinion and what has worked in my relationship.❤️